This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for https://selfmanageks.org. It applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website and how it is used.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
The Kansas Foundation for Medical Care and the Kansas Department of Health and Environment are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only
collect information that you voluntarily give us via data entry into the site forms, email, or other direct contact from you.
- If you will lead classes or workshops promoted on this site, name, phone number and email are required.
- If you register for leader training offered on this site, name, phone number, email and address are required.
- If you register to attend a class or workshop offered on this site, you must provide your name; you must also provide a phone number, an email address or a physical address.
- If you submit a request that we contact you, you must provide your name and either a phone number or an email address.
- To receive notifications of upcoming classes and workshops, you must provide your name and email address.
- To request supplies for a workshop or class, you must provide a phone number, email and physical address.
We will not sell this information to anyone. We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. We may share your information
with third parties outside of our organization with whom we partner in order to offer the programs promoted on this site. These parties are the leaders of the
offered workshops and classes when you register for a program (the contact information you provide), as well as organizations that provide funding for these
programs, if necessary to meet the reporting requirements of the programs.
Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email in the future to tell you about updates or changes to the website, new services, or changes to this privacy
policy. The information you enter into the website will be stored on our secure servers unless you ask us to remove it. KSME does not make use of any automated
decision-making or profiling system.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. Contact us if you want to:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in
the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted
online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, technical support or
customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are
kept in a secure environment.
We use "cookies" on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat
visitors to our site. Cookies can enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way
linked to any personally identifiable information on our site. The site uses authentication cookies and session cookies. The authentication cookies are signed
and encrypted by default. The session cookies are stored in memory only for the duration of your browsing session and they collect user specific information
only when a user is signed in. We have a security certificate for the site, so all communication is encrypted.
Do Not Track
Currently, the website does not respond to “Do Not Track” requests.
From time to time, we may aggregate the data you provide us on the site with that of other users. This aggregated data would not be linked to any personal
information that can identify any individual person or entity. We may aggregate usage data to assess the effectiveness of our site. We will not sell this
information to anyone. We may share the information with our partners as described above in Information Collection, Use and Sharing.
This site contains links to other sites; these links open in a new browser window or tab. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our
site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Contact information will be used to contact you to address any concerns you ask us to. Again, we will not sell this information to anyone, but may share it with our program partners. If you feel that we are not
Kansas Department of Health and Environment
Bureau of Health Promotion
1000 SW Jackson St, Ste 230
Topeka, KS 66612
Kansas Foundation for Medical Care, Inc.
800 SW Jackson St, Ste 700
Topeka, KS 66612